I read this blog every chance I get. It’s beautiful and encouraging and full of truth.
I gave Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts, to my mom, Granny, and mother-in-law for mother’s day. One day I will
steal borrow one of their copies so I can read it.
I love that she makes a point of counting our blessings, of what we’re thankful for. Today I am so thankful. Here are 10 things:
1. A sweet neighbor who watched my precious boy when I was in a bind and had to go to work. So thankful for her giving heart and how it blessed us.
2. Chocolate chip cookies. I made a winning batch the other day and they are delicious.
3. Fall. I have written about my fall excitement and readiness and it just keeps getting better and better. It’s been chilly outside in the mornings and evenings. Chilly. I’ve been waking up cold during the night. It is awesome. So thankful.
4. Thankful for our jobs. Tommy’s that supports us and mine that is enjoyable and also a blessing.
5. Thankful that God always provides.
6. Playing outside in this glorious weather. Tommy’s been working late this week and we have been running around on the street or at the playground having fun, enjoying the weather, and getting energy out.
7. A husband who brings home IceDream for me at the end of a long, stressful day.
8. A little boy who looks up at me and smiles when I catch him by surprise.
9. A baby boy who is no longer a baby but rather a little boy who’s favorite game is to be chased.
10. The sweetest giggle I’ve ever heard and it’s increasing frequency.