Can you believe this year only has 3 days left? It has gone by so fast. All of the people who told us that life moves faster when you have kids, really weren’t kidding. I cannot believe our little man is 19 months. I cannot believe how quickly Christmas came and went. And I cannot believe in just a few days we will be ringing in 2013. I still remember spending my first New Year’s Eve with Tommy in 2005. That was nearly 10 years ago!
Here is my brief, or not so brief, recap of 2012 from the Morgan’s perspective.
1. We started off the year with one chunky, just started crawling babe on our hands. We haven’t sat down since 🙂
2. We got an offer on our house and after agonizing negotiations we were under contract. The selling of our house proved to be exhausting, taking a toll on us physically, emotionally, and financially. We learned a lot from it and know next time we’ll use a good realtor, we’ll wait on the best offer for us, and we certainly won’t be afraid to say no.
3. We made a trip back to Maryland to move out of our house and close on it. Worst closing ever. Great to see our friends who we dearly missed though.
4. Last look at our first house.
1. The first half of the year was pretty full of teething. Always working on teeth, that little one was.
2. We tried a lot of new foods this year. Most went over really well. Some did not.
3. We bought a house! And it was painless and smooth and oh so refreshing, especially after being scarred from the last experience.
4. We were so blessed that Tommy’s new work moved us down here. I didn’t lift a box. Just got the fun job of unpacking, which I tackled as quickly as possible with a 10 month old.
1. Celebrating Easter for the first time with our darling little man. He’s a looker, especially in that bow tie.
2. We turned a work trip into a beach vacation in sunny Florida. Jack’s 2nd plane ride. Jack’s 2nd plane ride with a double ear infection. But it was all worth it for some fun in the ocean.
3. Jack had his first surgery getting tubes put in his ears.
4. Jack turned 1!!!! We had a wonderful party with our family and celebrated the little guy like crazy.
1. 4th of July celebrations at mom and dad’s, including an intense game of croquet.
2. Family beach trip to Wild Dunes, South Carolina. Our favorite place. Jack had a blast with his family around him all week, and we had so much fun getting to hang out with everyone.
3. We had lots of fun adventures this fall — we all love the fall season!
4. The pumpkin patch was a huge hit for our little man. He couldn’t have been happier to be surrounded by pumpkins as big as him.
1. Found out and shared our news that we were expecting baby #2! Earlier that day we got to see our sweet little bean on the ultrasound screen and experience the miracle of hearing the baby’s heart beat.
2. We got to celebrate Thanksgiving day with both of our families this year.
3. After 8 straight weeks of sickness Jack had his 2nd surgery– adenoidectomy and they put tubes back in his ears. 2 weeks of recovery and a virus later, he was back to himself! And life has been wonderful since! He is truly the happiest child I’ve ever known. So thankful he is back to himself.
4. We celebrated Jack’s 2nd Christmas and spent lots of time with our families. It was a wonderful holiday season.
God continues to pour blessings on us. This year has brought more and many different things than I’d imagined. God has blessed us in ways that I never could have dreamed up or ever thought to ask of! He is truly so good. In the hard and the easy. In the ups and the downs. Thankful for a year where my eyes were more open to this. Thankful for a year of more feeling and experiencing and living. So looking forward to 2013 and what it will look like for our family.